Table of Contents
- What is Sideloading On Oculus Quest?
- Are There Any Risks When Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos On The Oculus Quest?
- Any Other Downsides of Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos on My Oculus Quest?
- Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos on Oculus Quest: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Sideload on Oculus Quest
- Steps to Enter Developer Mode on Your Quest
- How to Set Up SideQuest
- Allowing Content From ‘Unknown’ Sources
- A Better Way to Manage Apps that You Sideload on The Quest (Optional)
- How to Sideload SexLikeReal on Your Oculus Quest
- Sideloading .APK Files to Oculus Quest
- How to Uninstall a Sideloaded an Adult App From Your Oculus Quest
- Here’s How to Uninstall an Adult / Porn App Sideloaded on Oculus:
The Oculus Quest was a breakthrough in modern technology, for the first time making powerful VR headsets affordable and accessible to the masses for all genres.
In fact, VR porn and VR adult entertainment (games, interactive devices, and so on), is a rapidly growing category in the VR space, offering a whole new way to enjoy such content.
But in order to get the most from adult entertainment, you’ll need some apps to do so. Many VR porn sites and games require downloading (Sideload) unique apps engineered to enhance VR capabilities, immersion, realism, interactivity, connectivity with sex toys and devices, and improve the overall user experience.
However, the Oculus Quest is a family-friendly device, and as such as created a bit of a ‘walled garden’ of sorts to keep children from accessing harmful content.
If you’ve searched for adult apps on the Oculus Store, you may have been surprised to have found no search results.
This is despite the fact that the adult VR industry has skyrocketed to over $19 billion in size as of 2021, with no signs of slowing down.
In other words, tens of millions of individuals are eager to get their hands on these apps, but often don’t know where or how to get them on their Oculus Quest.
We’re here to help.
What is Sideloading On Oculus Quest?
Sideloading is a term used to describe the installation of software (in this case apps) on a device (Oculus Quest) outside of the ‘approved’ or ‘official’ app store for that device.
You may be familiar with the process of ‘jailbreaking’ a phone in order to allow the installation of software and apps that otherwise would have been inaccessible to you.
By sideloading, you are able to access a treasure trove of apps (including adult apps) for your Oculus Quest.
Are There Any Risks When Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos On The Oculus Quest?
You may have been told never to sideload. In fact, all manufacturers warn against it. This is because the apps have not been vetted and verified to work properly with your device by the ‘official’ app store. Similarly, downloading apps or software from ‘unknown’ vendors could put your device at risk of malware, adware, or spyware.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t at least make you aware of the ‘potential’ risks involved.
That said, when you sideload apps and videos from REPUTABLE brands and/or companies, you’re more often than not perfectly safe.
Legitimate companies are not trying to ruin their livelihood and reputation by putting out malicious software.
Any Other Downsides of Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos on My Oculus Quest?
When it comes to support, you’re at the mercy of whatever company created the app. Stick with legitimate companies. Even better if they have an active community to ask for help if/when needed.
Unlike apps from the ‘official’ Oculus Store, downloading and installing (sideloading) unofficial apps takes some extra work. It’s not that difficult (and we’ll walk you through it further on in this guide), but it can be a bit tedious for some users.
Apps downloaded from the Oculus Store are usually set for automatic updates when they’re issued for the app. You probably don’t even notice it happening silently in the background.
Sideloaded apps, however, usually require manual downloading of the latest version when a newer one is released.
Sideloading Adult Apps and Videos on Oculus Quest: A Step-by-Step Guide
Since most processes are similar across various headsets, here we are going to take you through how to sideload adult apps and videos on the Oculus Quest.
Similarly, sideloading any app is done the same way. So once you know how to sideload one, you’ll be equipped to sideload the rest at your leisure.
In the following guide, and since this is about adult apps and adult video apps, we’ll use VRBangers as an example.
How to Sideload on Oculus Quest
Bear with us. Although the instructions might look a bit complex at first glance, we assure you it’s nothing to worry about.
The most important part is that you follow the steps IN ORDER.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Register as a Developer
No, you don’t actually need to be a ‘developer’, but you do need a developer account to sideload adult apps. Don’t worry, the process is easy and FREE.
Simply head on over to this site.
Create a new ‘organization’ (just make up a name, doesn’t matter), then complete the registration process and you’re good to go.
*You may have to wait for approval, so hang tight
Once your developer account has been approved, the next step is putting your device in ‘developer mode’.
Steps to Enter Developer Mode on Your Quest
- Locate “settings” in the bottom right (tap on that)
- Choose the connected Quest from the device list (connect to this)
- Visit ‘settings’ within the device list
- Tap on ‘developer mode’
- Then toggle developer mode on by tapping the switch
PRO TIP: Oculus will ‘warn’ you that your account could be limited if you use this mode for anything other than “Testing, debugging, or running applications”.
Lastly, REBOOT your Oculus device before the next steps.
How to Set Up SideQuest
Head on over to SideQuest VR on your PC and download the desktop app.
For a step-by-step guide on how to do this, we refer you to the source directly. Just follow the steps here.
PRO TIP: If you’re on a Windows PC you’ll need to install some drivers first. Mac/Linux users can skip that part.
If you’re on a Windows PC, you’ll need to install ADB drivers located at this link: this link.
Once there, scroll on down to where it says “Install the Oculus ADB Drivers (Windows Only)”. Then just follow the instructions to complete and return to this guide for the next steps.
Open the SideQuest App
Open the SideQuest app on your desktop PC that you installed earlier.
Add your Developer Organization Details
When prompted, add the organization name you created when you made an Oculus developer account.
Unlock Pattern Set
If prompted with an unlock pattern set on you headset, head on over to ‘settings”, then “Quest”, then “More settings” and finally, “UNLOCK” to disable it.
Connect Oculus to PC
Whip out your USB cable and connect your headset to the PC.
PRO TIP: SideQuest recommends that you NOT use the one that came with your Quest.
With your headset ON, you’ll be prompted to click on ‘Always Allow’. Do that. If that prompt does NOT appear, you’ll need to head into the menu and enable ‘ADB Debugging’ before proceeding.
Allowing Content From ‘Unknown’ Sources
Next, we need to allow content from ‘unknown’ sources on your Oculus Quest.
To do this:
- Open the Oculus App on your phone or PC
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Choose “General”
- Click on ‘Unknown Sources’ and toggle ‘on’
- Confirm to allow content from unknown sources.
A Better Way to Manage Apps that You Sideload on The Quest (Optional)
These next steps are optional, but can make your life a lot easier if you plan on sideloading several adult apps or videos.
By skipping this step, all apps downloaded from ‘unknown sources’ (i.e. sideloaded) will by default show up under ‘Unknown Sources’ one by one. Even the SideQuest app itself will end up in there.
But, if you follow these steps, all of these apps will be gathered together under one folder (inside the SIdeQuest folder).
- Visit this URL and then scroll down until you see a pink box that says ‘Install Questapplauncher’. Click on this app.
- On your PC or computer, head on over to the SideQuest store from within the app. Find an app called ‘Playa’ (VRBangers’ VR porn app)
- On your computer, load up the SideQuest store. Once inside the app, choose ‘Playa’ (this is VRBanger’s porn app). Install this app on your Quest headset.
- Strap into your headset and disconnect from your computer (you’ll need to reconnect every time you want to download new apps).
- When wearing your headset, open the Playa app (located in the SideQuest app folder or the ‘Unknown Sources’ list).
- Choose “Add website” and type in VRBangers.com
And you’re all set! Want to fire up other sites that support the Playa app? No problem! All that’s needed is to add them to your list. And remember, you only need to USB connect back to your computer if you need to sideload other/new apps or when updating any sideloaded app.
How to Sideload SexLikeReal on Your Oculus Quest
Looking for a VR porn site with a massive amount of adult VR content all in one place? Interested in an adult site with teledildonic VR scenes and live cams supported directly inside of its own app?
SexLikeReal is a great option, and another good example we can take you through to get you used to sideloading adult apps and videos on the Oculus Quest.
In order to install the SexLikeReal app, or any other adult app or video on your Oculus Quest, you’ll need to follow steps 1-5 from the section ‘How to Set Up SideQuest’ (back up above), and then in the ‘Allowing Content From ‘Unknown’ Sources’ section from earlier.
TIP: If you’ve already gone through these steps, you won’t need to create a new organization.
First, connect your headset to your computer. From there, you’ll need to install the SexLikeReal app for either Windows or Mac from here: install the Mac or Windows app.
After installation, disconnect your Oculus Quest or Oculus Go headset. Turn the headset on and go to your ‘Library’. From inside the library, locate the SLR App, found in the ‘Unknown Sources’ folder.
Sideloading .APK Files to Oculus Quest
A quick and easy guide to using .APK files for sideloading Adult Apps and Videos
Like many things in life, there is more than one way to sideload apps on your Quest. Although the .apk method isn’t always the best (it can be riskier with regards to malware, especially from sources you don’t fully trust), it is nevertheless a useful method in some situations
Things You’ll Need to Install .apk Files to Your Oculus Quest
- A Facebook account
- The Oculus Mobile App
- A good USB cable (preferably not the one the Quest came with)
- Headjack VRsideloader
- A PC or Mac with USB 3.0 port (or better)
- The .apk file of your Oculus Quest app
STEP 1: Enabling Developer Mode on Oculus Quest
- On your phone, fire up the Oculus Mobile App
- Head over to ‘Settings’
- From ‘Settings’, select ‘Oculus Quest’ (p.s. your headset will need to be powered on)
- Click on ‘More Settings’
- Find ‘Developer Mode’ and toggle it ‘On’
STEP 2: Installing VRsideloader for Mac or Windows
- On your PC or Mac, download the Headjack VRsideloader from here: Download
- Install that program on your computer, then fire it up
- Wait until the Android Platform tools have completed the install process
STEP 3: Installing the APK File on Your Quest
- This might seem repetitive, but stick with us here. Reconnect your Quest headset to your PC with the USB cable
- Strap into your headset and go into ‘Settings’
- Allow ‘Access Permissions’
- Get the .APK file for installation on your Oculus Quest
- Drag and drop the .APK file onto the VRsideloader app, and wait for the installation to compete
STEP 4: Loading the Installed App on Your VR Headset
- Strap in and turn on your Oculus Quest
- From the main menu, Tap the Apps Button or ‘Library’ button (with older versions)
- Tap ‘Unknown Sources’
- Locate the app you want to load and start it up
How to Uninstall a Sideloaded an Adult App From Your Oculus Quest
Sometimes, an app isn’t as good as you hoped it would be, ends up taking up too much space/memory, or simply isn’t used anymore.
In those cases, you’ll likely want to uninstall that adult app.
Here’s How to Uninstall an Adult / Porn App Sideloaded on Oculus:
- Open up the VRSideloader app on your Mac or PC
- Next, connect your VR headset to your computer using the USB cable
- Once connected, locate the ‘uninstall’ button and click on that
- From the app list, identify the .apk file that you would like to uninstall and tap that
And that’s it! That adult VR porn app will now be uninstalled.
And there you have it! Everything you need to know to reliably sideload VR porn, adult apps, and XXX video games to your Oculus Quest.