There is quite a bit of dispute between the Rift and Vive crowds and mostly this relates to Oculus using an exclusives model. Oculus are directly funding the development of many VR titles and resulting games and apps are quite brilliant. The obvious drawback is that users of other VR systems do not have access to these ‘exclusive’ titles. Thanks to a little program called Revive however Vive users can now play most Oculus games. At first Oculus did try to stop this but that is no longer the case, although users without official Oculus hardware do now have to pay to get titles that are normally free. You will need to download the Oculus software and set up and Oculus account, here are the instructions from the Revive page.
- Install Oculus Home and skip the first-time setup.
- Download the latest Revive installer from the releases page.
- Install Revive in your preferred directory.
- Start SteamVR if it’s not already running.
- Put on the headset, open the dashboard and click the new Revive tab.
- Newly installed applications may give an error when you try to launch them for the first time, simply follow these instructions to fix it.